Warning Signs For Parents
There are many signs that a parent should hone in on and, if they persist for longer than two weeks, professional mental health counseling should be sought. Some of these signs include:
- Irritability, sadness, or sudden existential crisis
- Loss of interest in usual hobbies and passions
- Withdrawal from social and familial relationships
- Changes in appetite and weigh
- Constant sleeping, trouble getting up in the morning, insomnia, or persistent tardiness for school
- Fatigue, lack of energy
- Overly sensitive to rejection and negative self-talk
- Behavioral changes of a drastic nature
Because it can be difficult to know the difference between the above issues, a mental health professional should be contacted to give a diagnosis. It is important to catch this right away, as teen depression can lead to serious issues such as drug and alcohol abuse.
Wingate Wilderness Therapy Alternative
If you need help finding the right clinical guidance for your teen, the professional clinicians at Wingate Wilderness Therapy have served the community for over 20 years. They have aided adolescents struggling to find hope and acceptance in their lives. Their skilled and passionate mental health professionals encourage students to build upon their strengths and abandon self-defeating behaviors.
As a result, you can be confident that your teen will receive the most advanced therapeutic intervention possible. They offer guidance to your teen and family as a whole, bringing about harmonious relations among your family and within your household.
Wingate Wilderness Therapy is designed to help teens and young adults rediscover themselves and the world around them. Our highly-sought after program reconnects your son or daughter back to nature and the love and commitment of their family. To find out more, call us today at (800) 560-1599.